FAFIA is an alliance of equality-seeking organizations committed to making international agreements on women’s human rights a reality in women’s everyday lives in Canada. FAFIA provides a forum for women from across Canada and Quebec to work together to ensure a better quality of life for all women in Canada. FAFIA engages in a number of activities with its members to realize this goal, including:
- providing training and resources on women’s human rights instruments;
- helping women to engage directly in using those instruments to address inequalities in their lives;
- providing training and resources on gender budgeting;
- supporting women in engaging with budget planning processes at the regional and national level;
- bringing women together to share best practices and develop recommendations for better policy and programming on issues related to women’s equality;
- advocating for the full implementation of the women’s human rights norms to which Canada is signatory;
- engaging in policy dialogue on issues related to women’s equality and well-being, including on violence against women, economic and social rights, child care and early childhood education, Aboriginal rights, and disability rights.